Residence Card for Non-EEA dependant/Extended family members

A residence card is compulsory for an extended family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen but it is not needed for someone who is a close family member. Whenever you obtain a residence card, it will no more be valid after 31 December 2020. So it is important to apply under EU Settlement Scheme as soon as possible.

It is very important to remember that after 31 December 2020, non-EEA extended family members will no more be able to apply to come to the UK under the new scheme. So if you still wish to come to the UK by availing the opportunity of your relationship with an EEA citizen or Swiss citizen, you must immediately apply for a residence card in order to continue to stay in the UK beyond 31 December 2020.

Being non-EEA family member if you have come to the UK using a family permit, you need to apply immediately under EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK beyond 31 December 2020. For some reason, if you have not received your status before your family permit has expired, you can use the certificate of application issued by the Home Office to continue to live and work in the UK. If you have however residence card which will not remain valid after 31 December 2020, you need to immediately apply under EU Settlement Scheme.

Please be aware that as a non-EEA extended family member, you cannot come to the UK after 31 December 2020 under the EU Settlement Scheme or you cannot use your residence card as a document to show the validity of stay of your stay in the UK. So it is very important that you adhere to the time strictly in order to avoid falling into a difficult situation. Please remember that an unmarried partner or unregistered civil partner is not a close relative and therefore is an extended family member. Given the very limited time ahead before 31 December 2020, your residence card is important to enable you to apply under EU Settlement Scheme.

With no fee at all, you can avail of this opportunity of visiting the UK as a non-EEA family member of EU citizens. The decision is also given very fast. In Immigration 2 UK, we shall process your application error-free and make sure your application is through. You can contact us by email, WhatsApp, or Skype.