Student Visa (Adult)

Entry Clearance – Tier 4 (General) Student

If you are from outside the European Union and at least 16 years of age, you can apply to study in the UK and earn a degree from the most reputed educational institutions of the world. You can apply under this route 3 months prior to the start of the course.

This route is most popular route among the immigrant communities as students can earn a qualification as well as contribute to the UK economy. Your ability and sincerity to contribute to the British society and economy can also lead you to gaining British citizenship.

Generally applicants who intend study in an UK institution has to apply under Tier – 4 (General) Student. This route is under Point Based System (PBS) which means you need to score points by meeting certain criteria. This may sound tough. But practically, there is nothing to worry about.

To apply under this route, you need to have an unconditional offer of a place given by way of Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS), have ability to pay the fees of the educational institution and have ability to maintain yourself during the course of study. In addition, you need to show your ability to speak, read, write and understand English.

For EU students, you can continue to your current rights as EU citizens until 30 June 2021. You do not have to be worry about the situation after this date. We shall make it easy for you as we do it for other students from across the world.

In Immigration 2 UK, we make applications for prospective students both for students who wish to extend their leave or permission to stay in the UK as a student and for students who wish to come to the UK for the first time. For students who are currently abroad and wish to make their first application or entry clearance, you can contact us by WhatsApp or by just filling in the form. We shall make your application peanut easy and make it successful.

Switching into Tier 4 (General) Student

Switching into one category to the another is only permissible within the UK. That means someone who has a valid leave to remain visa, he can choose to switch within the validity period of his leave. Often switching into Tier 4 (General) Student category is a viable option to continue lawful way of staying in the UK. A good number of routes are available from where it is possible to switch into Tier 4 (General) Student category. Following are the categories from where you can switch into Tier 4 (General) Student category:

  1. Tier 2 (General)
  2. Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
  3. Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
  4. Tier 4 (Child)

To clarify the necessity of switching to another category an example would clarify the matter. There are particular cases when applicants come to the UK under Tier 2 (Inra-Company transfer) route which itself do not lead to a settlement unless rules existed prior to April 2010 applies. This is often impossible nowadays because of the time already passed by since the change of rules. It is, therefore, a good option to continue lawful stay in the UK. Furthermore, applicants often wish to continue to choose this switching route on the wake of possible discontinuation of employment by the employer who has sponsored under Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) so long.

Extension as Tier 4 (General) Student

After you finish your course of study, you can extend your stay to study further course. You will be allowed to extend your leave as student depending on how much time you have spent already as student. As a rule, for courses below degree level, since the age of 18, you can stay for not more than 2 years. If any courses below degree level undertaken when you were 17 years old or less, that does not count towards the two years period.

For a degree level course, you can stay in the UK for a maximum of 5 years period which can be extended due to further study at master degree level up to 6 years. Time for certain courses e.g. LPC or BPTC will not count towards this time period. If you have already finished a course leading to an award of PhD or research master degree course, you can study for a maximum of 8 years following a PhD  or research master degree course. Home Office is however flexible to allow you to undertake courses and finish them which due to necessity go beyond the prescribed time limit as mentioned above. Keeping this time period in view, you can continue your study in the UK and acquire a host of qualifications.

After you finish your study as Tier 4 (General) Student, you can also switch to other categories. In course of your pursuit for education and work, if you have lawfully stayed in the UK for 10 years, that will lead you to apply for settlement in the UK.

In Immigration 2 UK, we make applications for students who wish to extend their leave or permission to stay in the UK as a student. Since leave to remain application under Tier 4 (General) Student should comparatively easier as the prospective applicants are already in the UK and are familiar with various rules and consequent requirements, it is important to be mindful of receiving timely and accurate advice in order to avoid being caught by a situation which may render the stay unlawful. We shall, therefore, take extension application very seriously so that students are not caught by situations which were beyond their expectation.

Parent of a Child Student Visa

A parent whose child is studying in the UK at an independent fee-paying school can come as a parent of a child student for 6 months or 12 months. You can extend for 12 months your visa after the expiry of this visa. This visa is for the parent of child students who are below the age of 12 years. So when the child is approaching 12 years in the next 12 months, a shorter visa is granted instead of 6 months or 12 months. You can bring other family members with you but they need to make a separate application.

Although visitor visa cannot be extended, an application for extension of visa is allowed when the visitor is still in the UK. The extension application must be made at least 4 weeks before the expiry of the current visa. When a valid application is made, visa will be granted for another 12 months.

In Immigration 2 UK, we shall process the application for a parent of a child student from the beginning to the end and shall guide along the way if there is any deficiency in the application. We shall make an extremely meticulous application so that application is not refused. For any query or discussion, we can be reached by WhatsApp, Skype or email.